Re: Gconf/Corba Errors

Hi Rajkumar,

On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 17:42, Rajkumar Sivasamy wrote:
> An error occurred while loading or saving configuration information for
> ggv. Some of your configuration settings may not work
> properly.Configuration server couldn't be contacted:

	Interesting indeed. the 'BAD_OPERATION' instead of 'COMM_FAILURE' -
which is what I'd expect for eg. fd starvation etc.

	What gconfd is running ? (ps ax | grep gconf), -1 or -2 ? also, what
does ls -l /proc/<pidof gconfd>/fd show you ? how many entries are there
in there ?

> CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/BAD_OPERATION:1.0
> Configuration server couldn't be contacted:

	You havn't by any chance run 'make check' in ORBit2 ? that had a habit
of binning /tmp/orbit-$USER with all the socket files ;-) if so, you
need to use HEAD ORBit2, and/or killall -9 gconfd-2 after doing a make
check in ORBit2.

	HTH,

		Michael.