Re: LDAP Backend for Gconf?

Something that Havoc mentioned the last time this was brought up (by me,
I believe ;-) ) is that LDAP isn't really the "right" protocol for this
and that getting GConf to use it is almost certain to be somewhat ugly
from an LDAP perspective.  At that time he suggested looking into ACAP
which would be more appropriate, but, unfortunately, isn't very widely
used.  The only ACAP server that I know of is the cyrus one and it's not
being used very widely (even by them) and the last time I looked at it
was marked as "very beta" or some such.

--Shahms