Re: LDAP Backend for Gconf?

On Thu, 2002-08-22 at 12:06, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Thomas Uhl <thomas uhl web de> writes:
> >
> > are there any efforts from anybody to provide a LDAP backend for GConf?
> >

> There have been some starts on it, see the list archives.

I posted some code years ago that did an LDAP backend for gconfd-1. I'm
not sure how easy the patch would be to port to gconf 2 because IIRC
there is some marshalling and vtable stuff in the patch. I've since
moved on to scratching other itches (or the same itch another way).

Just a heads up as to how far back you might be looking in the archives.

Also be warned that it might be very hard to get your stuff into the
main gconf tree.