Re: gar.gnome.mk download location suggestion

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 01:27:53 +0200, Karsten Br�elmann wrote:

>> One thing I could not figure out is the comment at the top of
>> gar.gnome.mk. How is the default location Sweden? Is gnome.org in
>> Sweden?
>
> Indeed, it is. :)  [1]
>
> Actually, I wondered about this comment myself before. But since there
> are mirrors out there (see the MIRRORS file) and I happen to know the
> master gnome.org site is located in Sweden, I quickly forgot about that
> again.

Yes, I think the Mirrors file is useful:

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/MIRRORS

GNOME FTP Sites

This site is mirrored in:

Europe:

	http://ftp.unina.it/pub/linux/GNOME/
	http://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/gnome.org/
	ftp://ftp.dit.upm.es/pub/GNOME/
	ftp://ftp.no.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/
	http://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/GNOME/
	http://ftp.belnet.be/mirror/ftp.gnome.org/

South America:

	http://linorg.usp.br/gnome/

Australia:

	http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/GNOME/

United States and Canada:

	http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/gnome/
	ftp://ftp.cse.buffalo.edu/pub/Gnome/

Asia:

	ftp://ftp.nara.wide.ad.jp/pub/X11/GNOME/

Fairly useful for tweaking gar.gnome.mk for regional use...

Of course, anything with `mirrors' in the path could itself be a round-
robin dns seeking site. As they say "your mileage may vary."

Thanks for the follow up.
--
Peter