Re: can't build totem because of segfault in gst-inspect

Hi Joseph,

thank you for you swift response.
I tried to do what you said, but it didn't work. make went through all directories and said
Nothing to be done for `check-am'.
or
Nothing to be done for `check'.
in each of them.

Just in case I tried 'make cookieclean', modified the Makefile again and then
make
make check

Same result.
Any idea?
Or would it work to just use gst-plugins-base or gst* of garnome-2.14.3?

Gratefully,
Tsenle

(BTW, I don't want to appear impolite, 'Kelsang' is my family name, although it's written as the first one. :) )

Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. wrote:
Kelsang,

What this means is libgstaudioresample.so is trash. Now the question is
"why?".

gst-plugins-base does support 'make check'. Maybe we will learn
something from running 'make check'

To insure that the GARNOME runtime environment is used when running
'make check', do the following

* cd desktop/gst-plugins-base
* open the GAR makefile in an editor
add the following at the bottom:

check:
        @cd $(WORKSRC) && make check

Note: the indentation is a TAB [this is a makefile]

* run 'make check'

If behavior is consistent, one or both of the audio resample tests
should fail. When they do, some clue as to "why" may be exposed.  It's a
start...

As for totem... I did update totem in CVS the other day to version
2.16.1. You might also want to update.

-Joseph