can't build totem because of segfault in gst-inspect

Hi all,

my system is a Mandriva 2006 currently running garnome-2.14.3.
While trying to build totem, I got the error that the gst plugin playbin is not installed, although it should be part of gst-plugins-base that is already compiled and installed.

I looked at the configure file of totem and saw that it suppressed the output of the test program that checked for the playbin plugin. After removing that suppressing, configure fails like this:

<snip/>
checking for glib-mkenums... /home/tsenle/bin/garnome-2.16.0/bin/glib-mkenums
checking for GST... yes
GStreamer-0.10
checking GStreamer 0.10 playbin plugin...
ERROR: Caught a segmentation fault while loading plugin file:
/home/tsenle/bin/garnome-2.16.0/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstaudioresample.so

Please either:
- remove it and restart.
- run with --gst-disable-segtrap and debug.

ERROR: Caught a segmentation fault while loading plugin file:
/home/tsenle/bin/garnome-2.16.0/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstaudioresample.so

Please either:
- remove it and restart.
- run with --gst-disable-segtrap and debug.
no
configure: error:
Cannot find required GStreamer-0.10 plugin 'playbin'. It should be part of gst-plugins-base. Please install it.

make: *** [configure-work/main.d/totem-2.16.0/configure] Error 1

I tried to reinstall gst-plugins-base, but that didn't change anything.

Any idea?

Thank you for your patience and help! :)

Gratefully,
Tsenle