Re: menu editors

Okay...I got this to run with python 2.3. I had to download and install pyxdg first from http://freedesktop.org/Software/pyxdg but after that, it installed and ran fine.

Haven't had a chance to evaluate it yet. Just wanted to report my success.

It does look interesting though.

Doug.

A wprd of caution. I just discovered that menu-editor wiped out my menu when I ran it. I trying to do a post mortem now.

Doug.

Easy fix. menu-editor created a .config directory in my home directory which gnome uses but it does not seem to be set up correctly for garnome. I just deleted the .config directory and everything is back to normal. Guess I need to read the freedesktop spec for menus.

Doug.