Building garnome-2.10.0.1: the short take

The garnome team has redeemed themselves.  GNOME-2.10.0.1 builds under
YDL-4.0.1 with only some minor modifications.  I will report in detail
later.

The good news
-------------
* Lots of new toys

	http://www.gnome.org/start/2.10/notes/rnwhatsnew.html

* Adoption of the new [emerging] Free Desktop menu standard

	http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Standards_2fmenu_2dspec

KDE is one of the players in developing the menu standard so I expect
common menu mechanisms for both GNOME and KDE.

The Bad news
* As this point in space-time there is no GUI-based tool to edit
GNOME-2.10.x menus.

This is not a "show stopper". [Read the spec :-)]

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco[at]comcast[dot]net