Re: menu editors

Doug Rintoul wrote:
guenther wrote:

There is another one though. I remember having seen this screenshot very
recently, and that app indeed looks [1] great. Unfortunately this
doesn't seem to run on my machine.

 http://dev.realistanew.com/menu-editor/

It's a python script, which does not run for me. Maybe my Python 2.3.3
simply is too old, cause the developer uses 2.4. He never tested it on
2.3, as he told me.

If anyone gets this app to work on his machine, please let us know.

...guenther

[1] http://dev.realistanew.com/menu-editor/menueditor.png

Okay...I got this to run with python 2.3. I had to download and install pyxdg first from http://freedesktop.org/Software/pyxdg but after that, it installed and ran fine.

Haven't had a chance to evaluate it yet. Just wanted to report my success.

It does look interesting though.

Doug.

A wprd of caution. I just discovered that menu-editor wiped out my menu when I ran it. I trying to do a post mortem now.

Doug.