Re: Building garnome-2.9.90 on a PPC running YDL-4.0.1

> When I bring up garnome-2.8.2.1 I get a "clean" desktop whose menus
> contain *only* the things built by GAR.

GARNOME 2.8.x contains a patch to platform/gnome-vfs that removes the
system-generated menus from the vfolders directly.

> When I bring up garnome-2.9.90, I do *not* get a clean desktop
> containing *only* the things built by GAR.  Instead,  I get all the
> *old* gnome/kde things that usually show when running YDL's
> implementation of gnome-2.6 plus whatever *new* things built by GAR.

As of GNOME 2.9.x, the old vfolder interface has been depreciated -- so
GARNOME reverts to the standard GNOME behaviour of installing any
compatible menus that it finds on your system. (read: all of them)

Patches to make 2.9.x accept only the items in the GARNOME system prefix
would be welcomed :)

Regards,

Paul