Re: Multimedia Support in GARNOME (was: Re: garnome--stable and missing libmp4v2.la)

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:32:04 +1100
Paul Drain <pd cipherfunk org> wrote:

> > The compiling of gst-plugins-0.8.7 is not cooperating, as follows:

[SNIP]

One thing that has bitten me in the past:

Arts uses glib.
Therefore arts may be looking for a (removed) distro package of glib.
Therefore arts-related portions of gst-plugins error out.
Therefore I comment out parts of Makefiles and build gst-plugins.
Then I get forgetful and rebuild arts.
Then I go back to system-supplied gnome.
Therefore arts won't load anymore.
Therefore I curse and rebuild arts.
Then a new garnome release is made.
Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

This no longer bites me now that I pay attention for it,
but at times gst-plugins finds _something_ that looks in
/usr/lib.