Re: Gnome 2.6.2

To Stef & Bob,

Thanks a lot for your replies regarding the problems I'd had with
getting a stable GARNOME and using Arch.  I can't now remember the exact
issues I had with Arch (I tried it quite some time ago and have since
removed it entirely from my system) I remember I did try following the
how-to you pointed me at though, but still had no success.

As regards the stable GARNOME releases thanks very much for pointing me
at them, my only question is how would anyone who hadn't joined the
mailing list ever find them?  If this is something the maintainer of
these packages intends to do for every Gnome release milestone, why
can't I find mention of them in the Gnome release documentation?

I'd happily mirror 2.6.x tarballs if there was a need for that.

Mark

P.S. My apologies to Stef because I sent this once to him already. (That'll teach me to click on reply without looking at who I'm sending to)