Re: Gnome 2.6.2

On Sat, 2004-05-29 at 09:30, MW wrote:

> 1)  Is there going to be a Garnome release of 2.6.2 available from the
> download page

Jeff, only does releases for the development branch so the answer is no.

The stable branch releases are made by Paul:

ftp://cipherfunk.org/pub/tarballs/garnome/

It would be nice if there was a link on the Official Garnome page to
Paul's site (hint...hint...) :-)

> without using Arch (which quite frankly scared me after a
> couple of unsuccesful attempts)

What problems did you encounter when trying to grab garnome via Arch? A
good place to start is here:

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~bobk/garnome/arch-howto/

If you have problems you should post to the list and we'll try and help
you.

> 2)  Does the fact that there was no download of Gnome 2.6.0 final
> release suggest (as my experience seems to conclude) that there's no way
> to build a stable system around Gnome 2.6.0.  Everything relating to my
> experience with Gnome 2.6.0 has served to shake my confidence in Gnome
> as a beautiful and rewarding desktop experience.

See above...

Bob

--
Bob Kashani