Gnome 2.6.2

Hi,

I'm kinda caught in the middle here because I love GARNOME (I'm a Linux From Scratch system owner) but I also crave stability and reliability above the flashiest new features. I'm eagerly awaiting the release of Gnome 2.6.2 as the system to be running, but I have the following couple of questions.

1) Is there going to be a Garnome release of 2.6.2 available from the download page without using Arch (which quite frankly scared me after a couple of unsuccesful attempts)

2) Does the fact that there was no download of Gnome 2.6.0 final release suggest (as my experience seems to conclude) that there's no way to build a stable system around Gnome 2.6.0. Everything relating to my experience with Gnome 2.6.0 has served to shake my confidence in Gnome as a beautiful and rewarding desktop experience.

Thanks for any responses that I recieve,

Mark