Re: Possible panel properties bug, nautilus, PATH, and MANPATH

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 13:29 -0500, Paul D. Miller wrote:

> >>To make matters worse, Gnome Help seems to crash almost every time I use
> >>it - while "Loading". If I try to quit the window I get a force-quit
> >>dialog. One time, I completely lost my mouse & keyboard and had to
> >>reboot. I haven't yet had time to look into this.
> >>

> > I experienced the same problem with Yelp (i.e. GNOME Help) that comes
> > with GARNOME. I didn't know what caused it either, but the problem does
> > not appear to be in the version 2.5.6 of Yelp.
> >

> This may sound like a really stupid question, but IF I wanted to install
> yelp-2.5.6 (or some other package) before the next release of garnome,
> where/how would I do it? I don't think I can install it in the
> appropriate place in /usr, because garnome will still use 2.5.5, and
> besides, other things would break should I need to go back to my old,
> non-garnome Gnome. Should I install in desktop/yelp/work/main.d/
> somehow? I just don't understand how to incorporate it into garnome's make.

Go to the yelp directory. Edit the Makefile there so it points to the
right version.

Then run 'make makesum' in that directory. You may want to verify the
checksum against the official one if you are concerned about trojaned
tarballs. Then 'make install'.

Cheers,
Jens