Re: Possible panel properties bug, nautilus, PATH, and MANPATH

On Sun, 2004-03-07 at 12:25 -0500, Paul D. Miller wrote:
> I got garnome-0.30.1 running, but I have some questions:
>
> 1) When I create a launcher from a panel, or just try to change an
> item's properties, the dialogs for browsing commands and icons popup
> BEHIND the main properties dialog and can't be brought to the front -
> you actually have to move the main dialog out of the way. Launchers on
> the desktop behave as they should. Is this a known bug?

Yes

> 2) My nautilus no longer has a navigation toolbar (home, back, up, etc)
> & I can't seem to figure out how to give them one, there's nothing in
> the properties dialog that seems to apply.

Known bug (I opened it :) ) you have to select "Browse" in the context
menu or "Browse Filesystem" in the applications menu

> 3) When I open a terminal window, garnome/bin is not in my path because
> I set PATH in my .bashrc. I know I have to add garnome/bin but what is
> the "BEST" method? PATH=$(PATH):(my-other-paths) and it will inherit
> from the garnome session script, or is it better to just hardcode:
> PATH=/home/pdm/garnome/bin:(my-other-paths). I'm a little scared to do
> the latter for some reason...

I have added it to my session startup

> 4) I'd like to include garnome/man in my MANPATH, but am not quite sure
> how to go about it. Normally, I don't set MANPATH, so man just looks at
> /etc/man.config, I think. If I just set MANPATH to the garnome/man will
> man still consult /etc/man.config? I'll give it a try, but I'd like to
> know the "approved" method.

export MANPATH=$GAR/man:$MANPATH (IMHO)

--
Ron Smits <ron ronsmits com>