Re: starting garnome

Andrew Gaffney (agaffney technaut darktalker net) wrote:
> I tried it again. This time I waited 15 minutes, but nothing ever
> happened. The mouse pointer never even changed from the big X.
> >>When I launch X, it shows the nifty foot n' disco ball background, but
> >>it hangs there. I switch over to another console and see gnome-session
> >>is using 98.5% CPU. What am I doing wrong?
I found that I hadn't set the PATH variable correctly and had a
"gnome_execute_with_env_fds returned -1" in my ~/.xsession-errors. Check
there, if that message is being displayed it might be that the PATH is
not set up correctly.  I know also that before (like .18.3 I think)
there was something with the font cache regenerating itself every login.
I don't know why that was happening, but it might be another problem.

Hope this helps,
--
Sam