Re: starting garnome

All I did on my redhat system was create a new file with the proper
permissions in the /ect/X11/gdm/Session that contained:

#!/bin/sh
GARNOME=$HOME/garnome

PATH=$GARNOME/bin:$PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$GARNOME/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
PYTHONPATH=$GARNOME/lib/python2.2/site-packages
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$GARNOME/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig
GDK_USE_XFT=1

export PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH PYTHONPATH PKG_CONFIG_PATH GDK_USE_XFT

exec $GARNOME/bin/gnome-session

and nothing else, i did  not modify the ~/.Xclients file at all.  This
was on a stock RH8.0 install.

hope this helps.