Re: starting garnome

I tried it again. This time I waited 15 minutes, but nothing ever happened. The mouse pointer never even changed from the big X.

Rico Facionado wrote:
--- Andrew Gaffney <agaffney technaut darktalker net> wrote:

When I launch X, it shows the nifty foot n' disco ball background, but it hangs there. I switch over to another console and see gnome-session is using 98.5% CPU. What am I doing wrong?

For my part, I also had garnome initially "hanging" at the stage you mention.
But during compilation I happened to have noticed that in the Menu, Applications had gone empty. So I figured that it might just be taking a long
time to generate that. I am not sure though. But the next time I tried again
to log in and patiently waited a fair amount of minutes, I was rewarded and the

subsequent logins went pretty fast.

How about you? For how long did you wait before concluding it had hung?

Rico.