Re: Garnome feature request (was Re: tarball with tar.gz ext)

<quote who="Danilo Segan">

> Of course, this would raise the problem of checksums, but it can be
> resolved simply by including checksums for both gzipped and bzipped
> tarballs. This would certainly be a much better solution.
>
> The other idea might be including a "preferred tarball compression" in
> "gar.conf.mk" as a variable which would work for all garballs which are
> known to have both available (this should work for all tarballs from
> ftp.gnome.org).

Why should this even be an option? bzips are smaller, and a larger
proportion of GARNOME users use GARNOME to do all the downloading - indeed,
that's half of what it does.

This seems like unnecessary complexity for a very small proportion of
GARNOME users.

    "And the only time I met George W Bush, he said to me, 'Hey Mike! Go
              find real work.' Of all people!" - Michael Moore