Re: gnome-config

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Larry McQueary wrote:

> The point I'm getting to (honest) is that while it's perfectly normal in
> the world of Linux to go install extra software in /bin, /usr/bin,
> /usr/X11R6/bin, etc.... it's not OK to me to install any of this stuff
> anywhere but in /usr/local,  /usr/local/<product>, or /opt/<package> on
> a Solaris box.

I don't think it's perfectly normal in the world of Linux to install extra
software in anywhere but /usr/local and /opt (except $HOME ;-).  Dispite
your initial warning I feel compelled to reply to this.  Anyway, good luck
with xscreensaver, maybe someone can talk them into doing things in a more
sane fashion?  I have no experience, but I trust Jeff's opinion on it.  It
would certainly be nice to have xscreensaver as a part of GARNOME.

regards,
Sean