Newbie question

Hi,

I've just completed a fresh install of Debian and have built garnome, as
well as gdm.  I'm running gdm from my home directory and  I followed the
instructions in the FAQ to setup my .xsession.  When I log in I only get a
xterm without borders, no mouse menus, etc.  Sort of like when you press
Shift-F1 for xdm to login in safe mode.  Any help on actually getting the
menus, control center, etc would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Ramon Kagan
York University, Computing and Network Services
Unix Team -  Intermediate System Administrator
(416)736-2100 #20263
rkagan yorku ca

I have not failed.  I have just
found 10,000 ways that don't work.