Re: Beginners questions...

Hi!

 Thanks for the help but I have one more question, maybe the most important at the
moment for me:

 The "fast-network" machine that was mentioned in a letter, is not my machine and it
is "equipped" with wind*z so I can't run garnome on it. Thats why I asked what version
of gnome should I download. (I can only get my portable winchester to the school
and download files with ftp.)

 I've already downloaded gnome 2.1.3. but as I scanned the directories in garnome -
especially ./garnome-<verson>/gnome/ - I saw that there are more directories than in
gnome 2.1.3.. (107 dirs in garnome, circa 70-80 *.tar.gz or .bz2 in gnome 2.1.3.)
Does that mean I have to get some more tarballs from somewhere or garnome will run
without those tarballs that are not in gnome 2.1.3.?

 Thank you
   Solyom

--
This night methinks is but the daylight sick.
		-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"