Re: Beginners questions...

On Sunday 08 December 2002 20:52, Solyomszem wrote:
> Hi!
>
>  Thanks for the help but I have one more question, maybe the most important
> at the moment for me:
>
>  The "fast-network" machine that was mentioned in a letter, is not my
> machine and it is "equipped" with wind*z so I can't run garnome on it.

You might try to install cygwin (if you have the permissions to do so), and
make the deep-checksum or whatever.
And then gzip the whole bunch and write it to a cd or something.
It'll probably work (provided you install wget/... in the cygwin environment)

If you can't install cygwin then it's probably easier to download gnome-2.1.3
manually, and put it in the right location, and then leave the rest to
garnome to download over your phone line.

B.t.w cygwin is somewhere on sources.redhat.com

hope this helps,
Diederik