Re: Themes, applications, etc?

<quote who="Sandeep Khanna">

> What do you mean by "meta garballs" and "individual garballs" ? I just
> installed totem by going in the source tree garnome/gnome/totem and did
> a make install. Is this what you mean by individual garball?

Anything under meta/ is a meta garball.

> Also, I see that we can download, compile and install the respective
> application by going into it's directory and doing a "make install" but,
> How do I uninstall an application? I tried doing a make install in it's
> source directory from where I had done a "make install", But, It did not
> work

You can't uninstall.

> By PPC, what do you exactly mean? Is it a Apple iBook with a Power PC
> processor?

All Macs are PowerPC's, yes.

> I always wondered about it. If so, how is the performance on it as
> compared to on Intel/AMD based PC laptops/desktops? I ask since, I am
> thinking of buying an Apple iBook as my next laptop. Any
> pointers/tips/comparison sites would help.

They're great, however everything is more 'polished' on Intel, because most
Free Software developers use Intel/AMD. You'll find far more software with
MMX support than Altivec, etc.

   "The plural of lego is legouch, from when you tread on those plural on
                  the floor in bare feet." - Telsa Gwynne