Re: Themes, applications, etc?

<quote who="Sandeep Khanna">

> Why are the themes (Main Menu-->Desktop Preferences-->Themes) not
> working in Garnome 0.13.0? Even if I select the Metal OR Redmond theme
> it doesn't change anything. This used to work fine in Garnome 0.12 !

No idea, more details required.

> I see that there are so many other directories(applications) in
> garnome/gnome sub-directory. Are all of those downloaded, compiled and
> installed when we do the main "make install" while installing Garnome
> 0.13.0 OR Do we need to separately do a "make install" in their
> individual sub-directories?

The "main make install"? The one most people do first is the gnome-desktop
meta garball. There's lots of other stuff in there that you can build (both
as meta garballs and the individual garballs).

> Is there a good configuration utility for Metacity other than the
> GConf-Editor?

There is metacity-setup, but I haven't put it in GARNOME as metacity will
have its own control panels in time, and I'm not too fond of metacity-setup.

> I had seen some screenshots on the internet of people using GTK-XFce
> engine with Gnome 2 ! What are the advantages of doing so and can we do
> the same in Garnome? If yes, how?

It's just another theme (and not a particularly good one). It's not in
GARNOME at the moment, but with interest I may add it (as I have with other
themes already in GARNOME).

> My battery applet still does not show up in the main menu panel inspite
> of me adding it. It also shows in the GConf-Editor in the list of
> applets currently active in the panel. Why can't we delete entries in
> the left pane in the GConf-Editor?

Not sure, works here on my PPC.

    "Biology is the only science in which multiplication means the same
                     thing as division." - Greg Leblanc