Themes, applications, etc?

Hi,

Why are the themes (Main Menu-->Desktop Preferences-->Themes) not working in Garnome 0.13.0? Even if I select the Metal OR Redmond theme it doesn't change anything. This used to work fine in Garnome 0.12 !

I see that there are so many other directories(applications) in garnome/gnome sub-directory. Are all of those downloaded, compiled and installed when we do the main "make install" while installing Garnome 0.13.0 OR Do we need to separately do a "make install" in their individual sub-directories?

Is there a good configuration utility for Metacity other than the GConf-Editor?

I had seen some screenshots on the internet of people using GTK-XFce engine with Gnome 2 ! What are the advantages of doing so and can we do the same in Garnome? If yes, how?

My battery applet still does not show up in the main menu panel inspite of me adding it. It also shows in the GConf-Editor in the list of applets currently active in the panel. Why can't we delete entries in the left pane in the GConf-Editor?

Thanks in advance.

--
Sandeep Khanna
Professional Software Developer

Quote of the day:
Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.
Bill Bradley