Re: [gamin] Tty to port gamin to Solaris

Hi Daniel,

I looked through the Gamin webpage again, and its source code, I noticed inotify is in Gamin source code, my understanding is below, could think it's right?

Gamin tightly depend on inotify, and inotify is only for Linux, and need Linux kernel support, so at the moment, seems it's impossible to make Gamin/inotify work at other OS, e.g. Solaris.... And if I would like to make Gamin run at Solaris, I have to provide a new file event notify to replace inotify, and create almost all of the gamin API again to use this new file event notify libaray...

Thanks,
Henry

Daniel Veillard 写道: