Re: [gamin] Re: [Patch 0.0.10] Cleanup ENABLE_DNOTIFY and HAVE_LINUX and fix build error [u]

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 08:55:50AM -0400, John McCutchan wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 07:30, Daniel Veillard wrote:

> > > How about attached patch?
> >
> >   I think it boils down to how stable the existing kernel API is.
> > John, do you think it's a mistake to have a local copy of the inotify
> > header until we get it from the shipped kernel versions ?
>

> The kernel API is reasonably stable. It is fine to keep a copy of the
> header in the source tree until it is shipped with a kernel. I will make
> sure that any changes get pushed in to gamin.

   Okay, I applied Martin Schlemmer patch and commited the new version,
in case the kernel interface changes so radically that user level compiled
against the previous version don't work, changing the kernel I/O file would
allow a clean versionning, and client stuff would fallback to dnotify backend.
This looks clean to me.

     excellent !

Daniel