Re: Looking for a maintainer of the Aisleriot installer for Windows

Hi,

Christian Persch schrieb:
I can't really estimate how much interested there is in
Aisleriot-on-Windows; the existing installer .exe is gone from the
location linked at http://live.gnome.org/GnomeGames/Windows and download stats are probably also not available.
is there a chance to put the upcoming new installer online again? Or does someone (me or someone else) has to provide webspace for that?
Still, there at least seems to be some interest in running Gnome
programmes on Windows; we recently got better installers for the
glib/pango/gtk+/etc platform stack, and a few Gnome apps were ported to
Windows, e.g. Gedit. That's why I though I'd ask if anyone was
interested in keeping Aisleriot/Windows alive :)

Why not porting good things to "other worlds"? :) We will see, how much interest the gnome-games get on Windows. The problem is esp. on Windows, that you have to in the games market a lot of competitors, but I think, the gnome-games will have a solid standing. :) What do you mean with "better installers"? Do they use different ones or are they using a different or special way doing things?

So let's start rocking the Windows world with gnome-games :)

@All: Does anyone reading this list who has a profound knowledge in porting stuff from Linux to Windows?

Regards

Tom