Re: Looking for a maintainer of the Aisleriot installer for Windows

Hi;

Le Fri, 01 May 2009 22:11:48 +0200,
Tom Bass <tom bass zoho com> a écrit :
> I formerly built the installer for gnome games on windows. After not
> hearing anything from the community regarding this installer (gnome
> games on win at all) I thought, the work is not needed anymore. So if
> there's still some interest and no one else likes to do the work, I
> can maintain this installer (maybe start also on porting stuff to
> win) further on, esp. fixing the mentioned bugs, etc.
>
> Just gimme a mail, if there's still some interest.

I can't really estimate how much interested there is in
Aisleriot-on-Windows; the existing installer .exe is gone from the
location linked at http://live.gnome.org/GnomeGames/Windows and
download stats are probably also not available.

Still, there at least seems to be some interest in running Gnome
programmes on Windows; we recently got better installers for the
glib/pango/gtk+/etc platform stack, and a few Gnome apps were ported to
Windows, e.g. Gedit. That's why I though I'd ask if anyone was
interested in keeping Aisleriot/Windows alive :)

	Christian