Re: Aisleriot Web Client

On Tue, 5 May 2009, Christian Persch wrote:
Le Sun, 3 May 2009 19:49:58 +0200 (CEST),
Andreas Røsdal <andrearo pvv ntnu no> a écrit :
I've created a web client for Aisleriot. It is basically a
Java front-end for the Scheme game-code in Aisleriot.

There's a lot of bugs, but Klondike is almost playable.
The current version should be played in Firefox or Safari.

The google-code page can be found here with source code:
http://code.google.com/p/aisleriot-web-client/

A playable prototype can be found here:
http://www.cardsparc.com/

Please let me know what you think about the Aisleriot web client.

It's certainly an interesting idea!
Are you running the scheme code using guile on the server-side, or
client-side in the browser (transformed into JS or Java code)?

The scheme code is running using JScheme on the server-side.
Ideally, the scheme code could be running in the client
for best performance, but I haven't found a scheme implementation
which works well enough running only in a browser.

 - Andreas