Re: "I've got this great idea!"

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 8:07 AM, Vlad Volodin <vest 84 gmail com> wrote:
> I decided to completely rewrite my code, and try to public it here again.
> Can you explain what is the difference between clutter and GooCanvas? I used
> the library rsvg to load and draw SVG files in DrawingArea, with which tools
> can I achieve the same goal?

You can use gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file to achieve the same thing. If
using Clutter and Clutter-Cairo, you can do
gdk_cairo_set_source_pixbuf on the pixmap after it's loaded to paint
the SVG to a texture. This has the added benefit of supporting all
file formats.

> Is there any difference in rendering speed?

GooCanvas is 2D accelerated. Clutter is 3D accelerated.

> And the last, if looks in prospect, will gnome games move to clutter or
> GooCanvas?

I would prefer Clutter because large parts of Gnome appear to be
getting behind it and it's backed by a large team of programmers at
Intel.