Re: Gweled

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 1:09 PM, Steve Fox <steve thefoxhome net> wrote:
> Replace mikmod with some blessed audio solution; ie. gstreamer for music and
> pulse for game events

I assume using the functions from libgames-support? I'm guessing they
aren't appropriate for background music though.

Actually, I haven't thought about our use of sound in a long, long time. I'll have to re-look at that. gst and pulse are the officially blessed ways forward, though. If we need to move that in to libgames-support more formally, that would be fine with me. ESD is practially dead, at this point.

That sounds like a good plan. Should I post patches to this list to begin?

Actually, I think it would be wonderful if you would set up an account on github for management of your Gweld work. Gnome is moving away from SVN at some point in the future. Once Gweld is ready to come in, hopefully Gnome will have converted to git.

You can send us updates on your progress to this list. Any changes that you want made to Gnome Games can come here; we prefer patches to be stored in bugzilla so that we can have a nice list of all the patches that are out there and still need to be applied (a fairly short list right now).

Also feel free to ask us to check out your git repo at any point and offer suggestions.