Re: I am a Beginner, help please

Compiling jhbuild itself failed when I followed the steps given in the above link. I got the same error I have pasted in the above mail i.e the error related to M4. I think I should set the path for aclocals of gnome-common. If thats done I think I can build the code with any of the above 2 procedures. So if one of u can help me setting up the path for M4 it would be of great help. Plz help me

Hi all,
        I am really sorry If I am spamming this mailing list. I desperately want to get svn checked gnome-games compiled. I got the aclocal error corrected I did this by exporting the path as export ACLOCAL_FLAGS='-I /home/madhu/gnome-builds/share/local'
So now the above problem is solved but when continuing running autogen it gives the following error.

madhu madhusudancs:~/gnome-games$ ./autogen.sh --prefix=/home/madhu/gnome-builds/
/usr/local/bin/gnome-autogen.sh
checking for autoconf >= 2.53...
  testing autoconf2.50... not found.
  testing autoconf... found 2.61
checking for automake >= 1.9...
  testing automake-1.10... found 1.10
checking for libtool >= 1.4.3...
  testing libtoolize... found 1.5.24
checking for glib-gettext >= 2.2.0...
  testing glib-gettextize... found 2.14.1
checking for intltool >= 0.25...
  testing intltoolize... found 0.36.2
checking for pkg-config >= 0.14.0...
  testing pkg-config... found 0.22
checking for gnome-doc-utils >= 0.10.0...
  testing gnome-doc-prepare... found 0.12.0
Checking for required M4 macros...
Checking for forbidden M4 macros...
Processing ./configure.in
Running libtoolize...
Running glib-gettextize... Ignore non-fatal messages.
Copying file mkinstalldirs
Copying file po/Makefile.in.in

Please add the files
  codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4 isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4
  progtest.m4
from the /aclocal directory to your autoconf macro directory
or directly to your aclocal.m4 file.
You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.

Running intltoolize...
Running gnome-doc-prepare...
You should update your 'aclocal.m4' by running aclocal.
Putting files in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, 'm4'.
Running aclocal-1.10...
/usr/share/aclocal/libmcrypt.m4:17: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_LIBMCRYPT
/usr/share/aclocal/libmcrypt.m4:17:   run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
/usr/share/aclocal/libmcrypt.m4:17:   or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
configure.in:260: warning: macro `AM_GCONF_SOURCE_2' not found in library
Running autoconf...
configure.in:262: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GCONF_SOURCE_2
      See the Autoconf documentation.

Any idea on how to fix this?? Please help me

- Thanks and Regards
 Madhusudan.C.S

"When liberty is taken away by force it can be restored by force. When it is relinquished voluntarily by default it can never be recovered"
     -  Dorothy Thompson