PyTetris (Possible Gnometris rewrite?)

Hello everyone, I'm new to the list (and Gnome development in general), but have been thinking about adding features to Gnometris (such as piece "holding").  Searching the archives I stumbled upon this post:

gnome-games summer of code projects

In particular, this quote:

5) Rewrite some games in python. Especially gnometris, but others as
well. (I think I remember that there was some interest in this.
Couldn't find a reference so I might be wrong)

In an attempt to learn Python, I had created the beginnings of a Tetris-clone.  I believe that, with a lot of work, this could be the rewrite that this post spoke of.  I have attached the code.  Feel free to let me know if someone has already begun rewriting Gnometris, or if this is even still being considered.

Thank you,
Stephen D'Angelo