gnome-games summer of code projects

Googles summer of code is coming up. So far there have been no
suggestions for projects with gnome-games. Perhaps we could think of
some in case there should be some students willing to do a project
here - hint hint - :)

I'm not sure any of the tasks on the roadmap fitts for a soc project
so I'll make some suggestions. I could of cause just apply directly
with my ideas but I'd like to hear if you are even interested in any
of this first.

1) local network multiplayer games announced via avahi. For those
situation where a local network is not connected to the internet.

2) Challenge/invite online IM-contacts directly from the game. Expand
the Game menu to:
Game
 New game
 Internet game
 Challenge friend:
   Joe
   Peter
   Michael

3) cooperative and vs. mode multiplay for sudoko. Other games as well
but form the roadmap it looks like you've got them covered.

4) Porting to GTK and other platforms.

5) Rewrite some games in python. Especially gnometris, but others as
well. (I think I remember that there was some interest in this.
Couldn't find a reference so I might be wrong)

6) Use gooCanvas for drawing "fancy" graphics.

The gnome soc idea page says that "we would love to see projects that
bring a "sexier" user experience". I definitely think that 2 and 6
comply with this.

- Thomas Andersen