Re: Unit test framework for gnome-games?

> For me, this is slightly different than what I would think of with
> unit-testing, which I would tend to use to test each module of a
> system and make sure it functions as it should.
>
> These aren't mutually exclusive but for me they're different.

True, but what if the 'module' in question is the UI? :)

For example: I wrote a bunch of code to add a most recently played list
to AisleRiot so you could see the last 3 or 4 games you played (which
reminds me, I need to re-send that patch out). An automated unit test
could do as you said and open up some games and make sure the
recent-list is updated correctly.

This is quite like a traditional automated unit test in that it could
verify the behavior, be repeatable, and anytime anyone refactored or
changed the menu code they could re-run this test/script and it could
verify that the code is still functioning.

It could also do that one thousand times so I could check to make sure
it's not leaking memory (more of a stress test than a module-specific
test).

-D