Unit test framework for gnome-games?

Someone is working on implementing unit tests for gtk+, which sounds
like a good idea ( http://blogs.igalia.com/dape/):

There was a lengthy discussion of testing at the GNOME Summit here in Boston -- the notes are here:
http://live.gnome.org/TestingUsingAtSpi

I'm not sure if those folks have moved forward on any of their goals or not. If so, we might end up trying to plug-in to whatever framework they end up developing. It looks like Dogtail may be the framework they use, so that would be good.  As a python guy, dogtail looks pretty good to me.

What I imagine with dogtail is having a directory full of scripts that do common tasks -- open game, new game, win game, enter score, etc. -- and make sure the results are as expected.

For me, this is slightly different than what I would think of with unit-testing, which I would tend to use to test each module of a system and make sure it functions as it should.

These aren't mutually exclusive but for me they're different.

Tom