Re: Unit test framework for gnome-games?

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 17:54 -0500, David Stahl wrote:
> Which looks like a scripting language for writing UI tests. This might
> make some sense for some of the games. I'm not sure how portable the
> tests are. ie. can I write a test that you can run easily considering
> things like resolutions, window size/position, internationalization
> etc...

My concern would be that, even if we can automate the UI, there's no
way, for instance, to get directly to a new entry in the high score
table. The high score code is having some problems and that's something
that would be nice to unit test. At this point though, I'm not sure that
that's possible without a major rethinking of the way gnome-games is
designed. Making it so that the high score code could be invoked without
gnome-games. I'm not really convinced that, in this case at least, it
would be worth it.

I would love to be proven wrong though.