Re: Consistent Gnome-games coding style

Alan Horkan said:
> I'm no expert on this but isn't there a Gnome coding style we should
> follow?  (It is quite possible it is the same as the GNU style.)

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/guides/programming-guidelines/

"GNOME has a mix of coding styles, and we do not enforce any one of them.
The most important thing is for the code to be consistent within a program
or library <snip> If you do not have any personal preference for a style,
we recommend the Linux kernel coding style, or the GNU coding style."
...It further recommends Linux style for core gnome code.

> If memory serves (from similar discussion on the Abiword list if I recall
> correctly) there is some way to manage the process and improve coding
> style or at least indentation by running an automated check at commit time
> to make sure any new code follows the rules.  I dont recall the details
> but perhaps if you mention it to more experienced developers it might
> remind them of how to do something like that.

Following rules these days isn't a huge problem now, since new code from a
new contributor generally goes in through bugzilla and out through a
maintainer.

Anyone looking for to really get their hands dirty and spending a couple
of days on a single bug, I'd instead recommend fixing Bugs #167421 (freak
crash in Four In A Row AI), #342038 (superfreaky unpredicatble GC bugs in
aisleriot), or one of the many blackjack feature requests that can only be
appreciated by professional card counters.

-Richard Hoelscher