Re: Searching for a Sudoku client to put into GNOME-games

Corey Burger wrote:
> Regardless of what the wiki page says, Jason Clinton and I spoke about
> revitalizing gnome-games. In parallel to this seeking process I am
> also conducting surveys to see what games people actually play so we
> can remove the older games and push in newer and more relevant ones.
> Sorry I was not clear on that.

Sorry for not having pinged the list yet. This was a conversation on IRC
a week ago. I was planning on waiting until 2.16 came out but, well,
here we are.

Callum suggested, when I accepted maintainership, that some of the games
currently in GNOME Games are in a nearly unmaintainable state. In my
mind, the strongest candidate for removal is Gnometris - to this day we
still don't have any idea why its keyboard code doesn't work right.

Obviously, deprecating a game is going to make some people unhappy. And
so I don't want to do this unilaterally; there should be some lengthy
discussion about which games are the most difficult to maintain and
which have the fewest users.

So, let the discussion begin.