Re: Aisleriot : translations

On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 23:59 +0100, Heretik wrote:
> I don't run autogen.sh and i have no such file and i don't even know how
> to generate it because i always run "autoreconf -fvim" when i use
> autotools
> Actually, the Makefile's were generated, but the files were not
> "installed", with make install or dpkg -i
OK, I see the problem. There are two options open to you:

The complicated one is to make a local copy of the gnome-games
installation. Follow the instructions at
http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnome-games/contributing.html
under the heading "Getting the code". You can ignore most of the rest of
the stuff. Also, add the option "-r gnome-2-8" *after* the commit in the
third cvs command. GNOME 2.8 shouldn't need any software newer than what
Debian has (if you use HEAD you will need to upgrade GTK+ and then life
gets painful).

Instead yelp (the help viewer) can be given an explicit file to use. At
a shell prompt in the aisleriot/help/fr directory go
'yelp ./aisleriot.xml' and you should get your translated documents as
they would appear if they had been installed. No need for building
anything, no need for installation. Minor details, like whether you have
got the omf file right, I can sort out when I merge it.

> I've done that where it is written, but there are other places where i
> think i should something, like revisions for example. I'll do what i
> think is best.
You can't screw it up, if it looks OK, it will probably be OK.

> So now everything is set up, and i hope to bring you most or all
> translations within 1 or 2 weeks.
Great.

> Have you tried to apply my first patch ? Is it correct ?
No, I moved to a new distribution a few days ago and I'm in the process
of rebuilding my GNOME development environment, so my copy of gnome-
games isn't quite working yet. Your patch is downloaded and ready to be
applied the moment I can test it. Hopefully by tonight.