Re: Aisleriot : translations

Le lundi 08 novembre 2004 à 11:12 +1300, Callum McKenzie a écrit :
> On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 16:09 +0100, Heretik wrote:
> > - I added the fr subdirectory in configure.in and in
> > aisleriot/help/Makefile.am but it still doesn't install it. Please tell
> > me what else i must change.
> That should work. You are running ./autogen.sh rather than ./configure
> aren't you ? Also, you have created a Makefile.am  in the fr
> subdirectory ?

I don't run autogen.sh and i have no such file and i don't even know how
to generate it because i always run "autoreconf -fvim" when i use
autotools
Actually, the Makefile's were generated, but the files were not
"installed", with make install or dpkg -i

> > - I don't know exactly where i should put my copyright / revision
> > notices. I hope i'm doing right. You can check it in aisleriot.xml and
> > change it if it isn't correct.
> My memory is that there should be instructions in the file, i.e. where
> it says "translators: uncomment this".

I've done that where it is written, but there are other places where i
think i should something, like revisions for example. I'll do what i
think is best.

I tried to get - compile - install gnome-games several different ways
and now it finally works !
- Instead of using debian unstable sources, i've downloaded official 2.6
version.
- I don't generate packages anymore, i only use make install.
- There is a bug (i think it is) with make install : it doesn't set the
proper rights to help files, so a normal user can't read the help. It
should set 644 instead of 600. It usually works because i think
packagers fix this when they build packages, but it should be changed in
sources.

So now everything is set up, and i hope to bring you most or all
translations within 1 or 2 weeks.

Have you tried to apply my first patch ? Is it correct ?
As i don't have cvs write access, i couldn't generate a patch with the
new fr directory (was there a workaround ?), but when/if you have
applied the first patch and added this directory, i'll be able to cvs
checkout and generate a correct patch with translated files.

--
Heretik <heretik tuxfamily org>