Re: Aisleriot : translations

On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 16:09 +0100, Heretik wrote:
> So i've started translating the help rules. I just submitted a patch on
> buzilla with the begining of it. So here are the problems i ran into :
> - I couldn't build gnome-games cvs because, among other things, it
> requires gtk+ 2.5 if i remember corectly, so i built it in the debian
> unstable package source, then made the same changes to the gnome-games
> cvs source to generate the patch.
> - I added the fr subdirectory in configure.in and in
> aisleriot/help/Makefile.am but it still doesn't install it. Please tell
> me what else i must change.
That should work. You are running ./autogen.sh rather than ./configure
aren't you ? Also, you have created a Makefile.am  in the fr
subdirectory ?

> - Are french accents likely to be properly dislayed or do i need to set
> something special for it ?
If everything is in UTF-8 it should just work.

> - I don't know exactly where i should put my copyright / revision
> notices. I hope i'm doing right. You can check it in aisleriot.xml and
> change it if it isn't correct.
My memory is that there should be instructions in the file, i.e. where
it says "translators: uncomment this".