Re: Previewing on-line forms for travel data

On 18 Feb 2002 21:50:05 +0100
Jaime Anguiano Olarra <> wrote:
> I see.
> I have just seen the email Amy sent to me. It is great!. She explains
> very good. I also understand what you say. I thought about that. My
> PHP is not very good. I would love to help doing this that you suggest

for the login/password part we need php-session (hope you guys runs
php4), and it isn't really hard to make this work quite easily - the
esiest way is actually to rip the code snippet from one of the scripts
at or sites like that.

I did the RSS/xml system last year by making a news adding site where it
basically prepends (add to the start of a file) the news item to an xml
file in the format :<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<backend xmlns:backend="";>
<title>The Title</title>
<time>Date and Time</time>
<news>the news item</news>
<image>an image (if any)</image>

then you just add a new story section (<story></story>) after the lines
about <?xml... and <backend...

to show the news I then just had an xml parser setting up the site with
the info from the xml file. I also added a links parser that made all
the http://... ftp://... etc. clickable.

last years backend file is here:
and the news add site (not password protected) is here:

it is very basic but works.

I think that I can replace the news system on the front site within an
hour if I can get a hold on the sysadmin of the server hosting last
years site.

Kim Schulz

[     - En nÝrds bekendelser!            ]
[ - tapas, beer and gnome to the people    ]