Re: Board of Directors Elections 2019 - Candidacy - Jeremy Allison

On Sat, Jun 01, 2019 at 07:08:12PM -0700, Jeremy Allison via foundation-list wrote:
Yes, thanks for the correction Karen. Not being a lawyer means I'm often
not very precise about these things (I'm very precise about my technical
terminology instead :-).

[...]

I don't currently contribute other than helping the
gnome-vfs maintainers use one of the libraries (libsmbclient) of
my primary project, Samba to access SMB1/2/3 servers.

Then allow me to nitpick and point out that it's GVfs, not
gnome-vfs. :)

It's been a while since GnomeVFS [1] has been deprecated and replaced
by GVfs [2,3] and the application-facing API is fronted by GIO [4].

Either way, I appreciate your help maintaining the Samba backend, and
your interest in running for the board!

[1] https://developer.gnome.org/gnome-vfs/
[2] https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/gvfs
[3] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gvfs/