Re: Board of Directors Elections 2019 - Candidacy - Benjamin Berg

El lun., 15 jul. 2019 a las 13:36, Benjamin Berg (<benjamin sipsolutions net>) escribió:
On Mon, 2019-07-15 at 12:47 +0100, Alberto Ruiz wrote:
> I find that final note utterly inappropriate. I can't find a single
> person that has worked with Philip that thinks he is untrustworthy,
> your implication here is VERY toxic and creates an environment of
> unnecessary tension, if you don't agree with how the board operates
> that is fine, but turning those concerns with the operations into
> personal accusations towards people who are doing this under a
> volunteer capacity and most likely with the best intentions is not
> acceptable and it damages the good spirit of this community. Please
> stop turning these issues into personal attacks.

I never wanted to bring this whole issue to the public by posting about
it on foundation-list. Unfortunately, Philip brought this up during the
election and I do believe that it was important that there is some
follow up as public attention had been drawn to the issue already.

You are not addressing my comment, as I said, issues with how the board operates and suggestions/concerns are perfectly fine to discuss publicly. That was not my point and you know it.

In letting your concerns and frustrations turn into an excuse to personally attack Philip is not acceptable, you are unfairly alienating:
- Him individually, despite his efforts as a volunteer doing his best to fulfil his duties as a board member.
- The board
- The whole community by turning a position in the board as something that may risk yourself having to deal with the kind of comment you just used.

Something for you to think about, what incentives does anybody have to run for the board if they have to deal with comments like that when people are not happy when things are not done the way they want to?

I would encourage you to, instead of justifying yourself as you just did, apologize to Philip and the board for the sake of not just keeping things civil, but also to ensure that other people feel safe when running to the board in upcoming elections.

Benjamin

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2018-October/msg00001.html