Re: Board of Directors Elections 2019 - Candidacy - Benjamin Berg

El sáb., 13 jul. 2019 a las 14:36, Benjamin Berg (<benjamin sipsolutions net>) escribió:
Hi Philip,

On Tue, 2019-06-11 at 11:56 +0200, Tobias Mueller wrote:
> On Thu, 2019-06-06 at 11:20 -0700, Philip Chimento via foundation-list
> wrote:
> > If elected to the board, how would you help to build trust and
> > collaborative working relationships among the directors, and encourage
> > healthy debate?
> I think this is a great question for all the candidates and I would be
> delighted to read statements of candidates who want to position
> themselves.

I don't particularly like bringing this up again, however, I do find it
sad that you never responded to this question. Also, I was surprised to
see that the archives have been updated recently but no public
statement has been made yet.

To be specific you updated the minutes of 2018-05-29 on the 2019-07-08
adding[1]:

"""
  * Code of conduct approval (Alexandre)
   * Alexandre wants to have on the record that he disagrees with how
     the board approved the CoC
"""

In contrast, your original summary on foundation-list read:

"""
[…], I am clarifying explicitly in this addendum that Alexandre Franke
was not present at the above board meeting (see list of attendees), and
that in the following board meeting he went on the record stating that
he disagreed with the outcome of the above votes.
"""[2], similar during the 2018-10-09 Board meeting [3]

Now. What strikes me is that this was a considerable misrepresentation
of what Alexandre said at the time, and the possibility of exactly such
a misrepresentation was a major concern in the discussion[4]. It may
appear like be a detail at first, but the fact that Alexandre voiced
his disagreement with *how* the vote happened and not with the
*outcome* of the vote is a fundamental difference. From his own
statement, we do not know whether or not Alexandre agrees with the
outcome.

Now, I do believe that mistakes like this can and do happen. But
considering the situation, do you think that Alexandre or any other
foundation member have grounds to trust you?

I find that final note utterly inappropriate. I can't find a single person that has worked with Philip that thinks he is untrustworthy, your implication here is VERY toxic and creates an environment of unnecessary tension, if you don't agree with how the board operates that is fine, but turning those concerns with the operations into personal accusations towards people who are doing this under a volunteer capacity and most likely with the best intentions is not acceptable and it damages the good spirit of this community. Please stop turning these issues into personal attacks.

Alberto Ruiz