Re: Minutes of the Foundation Board, 19th June

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 10:04 AM, Allan Day <aday gnome org> wrote:
 * URGENT - LuNel/Odoo development cost (Neil)
  * This has been on the agenda for a few weeks and has become urgent.
Neil - GnuCash is difficult to use and loses our financial data. We've
been trialing Odoo. It has an enterprise/community split model (where
enterprise is proprietary and community is Free Software). Something
we're missing is the ability to import Paypal. We've been talking to a
company about adding this feature to the community edition for us.
They've been very helpful so far, and they supportive.
  * The choice is between this and using a proprietary solution. Any
code that's written will be Free Software.
  * Neil - there's scope in the budget for this. We'll have a contract
with them.
* VOTE: approve $4,000 USD for a module that imports Paypal data into Odoo
    * +1 unanimous - approved

Hi,

Sounds like we got a good price for this work.

What company is providing the Odoo development? I searched for "LuNel" but didn't find any relevant web results. Is LuNel the contractor?

When the project is completed, I'd appreciate a quick summary to indicate whether the Board was satisfied with the contractor.

Thanks,

Michael